Project: Mercedes Benz Body Shop
Client: Mercedes Benz South Africa
Main Contractor: Stefanutti Stocks / Axsys / Simunye Joint Venture
Location: Mercedes Benz Plant, East London
Duration: July 2018 to present
Description: New Body Shop for the assembly of the New Mercedes Benz C Class
RSC Involvement & interesting info:
- 3000+ tons of rebar supplied in 9 months
- 430+ tons of mesh in 2 months for surface bed
- Rebar for 400+ precast concrete beams over 4 months, including 800 tons of Y40
- Project management and supervision from planning to installation
- Steel fixing and installation
- 5 times awarded top health & safety sub-contractor of the month with scores above 90% and one score of 100%
Beacon Bay Crossings Hotel & Shopping Centre
Khula Nathi Construction is building a new shopping centre and hotel for SKG Properties. This is currently the largest building project currently underway in East London with almost 2000 tons of rebar supplied to the project to date.
Bhisho Government Offices
This is another Khula Nathi Construction project for SKG Properties, for the Eastern Cape local government. We have completed Phase 2 of this project, with Phase 3 due to commence soon.
New Library for University of Fort Hare
GVK-Siya Zama Construction is building a collaborative library for the University of Fort Hare. This is a 7 storey building over-looking the Buffalo River and East London harbour. This was a challenging project due to very limited space on site, and very careful planning was required throughout to ensure that rebar was delivered at the precise time it was needed.
- Nick Lotter: Branch Manager
- Pam Lotter: Admin Manager
- Vincent Musekiwa: Production Supervisor
- Maxon Vas: Sales Consultant
- Ellen Kilani: Yard Supervisor